Use Case: Prebid Server | Digital Out Of Home
Prebid Server (PBS) supports Digital Out Of Home (DOOH) advertising with this architecture:
Here’s a workflow diagramming how this works.
- DOOH screen makes request for an ad either directly (1a) or through a Content Management System (1b)
- The DOOH ad server sends an OpenRTB request to PBS, specifying the screen requirements.
- PBS sends a request for bids to selected demand partners by relaying OpenRTB requests to them.
- Demand partners return a bid response to PBS. Bid creative assets may be stored in Prebid Cache.
- PBS returns the resulting bids to the DOOH ad server.
- The ad server retrieves the cached DOOH bid assets as necessary.
- The ad server returns the bid to the CMS or device.
OpenRTB and DOOH
These are the fields in OpenRTB 2.6 that support the Digital Out Of Home use case:
dooh - an object containing many values such as the venue type, publisher, etc.
- imp.qty - impression quantity
- imp.dt - estimated impression timestamp
Bidders generally expect these values to be present in the original Prebid Server request.