Prebid Server | Endpoints | /setuid
This endpoint is used during cookie syncs to save the results in the Prebid Server
uids cookie. For technical details, see the
Cookie Sync developer docs.
This endpoint saves a UserID for a Bidder in the Cookie. Saved IDs will be recognized for 7 days before being considered “stale” and being re-synced.
bidder: The FamilyName of the Usersyncer (
../../usersync/usersync.go) which is being synced.
uid: The ID which the Bidder uses to recognize this user. If undefined, the UID for
bidder will be deleted.
gdpr: This should be
1 if GDPR is in effect,
0 if not, and undefined if the caller isn’t sure
gdpr_consent: This is required if
gdpr is one, and optional (but encouraged) otherwise. If present, it should be an unpadded base64-URL encoded Vendor Consent String.
f: The desired format of the response.
- If f=i (format=image), PBS will respond with a blank 1x1 PNG, set the Content-Length to the appropriate number of bytes, and set Content-Type to image/png
- If f=b (format=blank), PBS will response with empty HTML with Content-Length 0 and Content-Type to text/html
gdpr_consent params are included, this endpoint will not write a cookie unless:
- The Vendor ID set by the Prebid Server host company has permission to save cookies for that user.
- The Prebid Server host company did not configure it to run with GDPR support.
If in doubt, contact the company hosting Prebid Server and ask if they’re GDPR-ready.
- HTTP 200
- Success: blank body with Set-Cookies header
- Failure: error message in body
- HTTP 400 - The request is in GDPR scope and the consent string is missing or invalid.
- HTTP 451 - PBS does not have permission to set a cookie due to GDPR or other privacy rule.
- HTTP 200
- Success with image response: if the f=i parameter is specified or if the named bidder prefers redirect cookie_syncs, then PBS responds with a blank 1x1 PNG, set the Content-Length to the appropriate number of bytes, and set Content-Type to image/png
- Success with empty response: if the f=b parameter is specified or if the named bidder prefers iframe cookie_syncs, then PBS responds with empty HTML, Content-Length 0 and Content-Type to text/html