Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) Support
The AMP Project speeds up web pages on mobile devices,
but also restricts header bidding wrappers like Prebid.js. Instead, AMP supports a method of header bidding called Real Time Configuration(RTC), which is implemented by Prebid Server.
At a high level, setting up AMP pages for header bidding with Prebid has these steps:
- The publisher chooses a Prebid Server provider
- The publisher establishes a set of AMP ‘tag IDs’ that map to a set of bidders and bidder parameters. For instance, a tag ID may be used for mobile banners in the sports area of the site, linking that ad unit to specific SSPs and inventory parameters.
- These tag IDs are stored in Prebid Server. This allows bidders and parameters to later be changed without updating the AMP page.
- Ad server line items for header bidding are established.
- The publisher sets up and tests the AMP pages.