INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY POLICY
August 7, 2017
The following policy may be changed by the Organization only as allowed in the Bylaws.
- Outbound License. Prebid.js code and related material, including documentation, will be made
publicly available under the Apache 2.0 license.
- Web Site. The materials on the Prebid.org web site will be made publicly available under the Apache
- Contributions. The Organization will accept initial contributions to Prebid.js or future software
projects only under the Apache 2.0 license or a corresponding contribution license. As a condition to any
other contribution, Contributors will be required to execute and deliver to the Organization either a
Corporate Contributor License Agreement or an Individual Contributor License Agreement, as applicable,
each of which will be based on The Apache Software Organization’s forms of contributor license
agreements, and if the applicable license agreement is not executed and delivered to the Organization, such
contribution shall not be contributed.
- Confidentiality. The Organization will accept contributions to Prebid.js and future software projects
only on a non-confidential basis.
- Trademark. No Member will claim any exclusive rights in the “Prebid” name or brand. The
Organization will engage in reasonable efforts to steward the use of the Prebid name, including any
licensing or promotional activities the Organization considers in the interest of the Prebid.js project. All
parties may use the “Prebid” name or brand in connection with products or content produced independently
of the Organization.
- Patents. Contributors and members will not be required as a condition of membership to disclose any
patent ownership. Contributors and members will not be required as a condition of membership to grant
any patent rights, except as required by the Apache 2.0 license or contribution agreements described in
Section 3 above.